To me this isn’t politics. It’s ineptness. POTUS simply isn’t equipped to be the leader of our nation. I just listened to his interview with Bob Woodward in February. It doesn’t really matter when it was it’s the content that is disturbing.
He admits that COVID is much deadlier and much more contagious than the seasonal flu. At that point in time we, the citizens, thought it would be contained in China.
I suspect that there was a huge communication disconnect. However, for the President to ‘know’ what he did and seemingly didn’t act quickly. I also believe that COVID was with us in late 2019. That can’t be attributed to POTUS, it just is.
The President literally said that COVID is airborne and can be transmitted by just breathing. This was in February.
Hindsight is always 20/20. Back seat observers always believe that things could have been done better.
We are here now. It appears that antibodies do not last past 6 weeks or so with people who have had it. That means that we can never really know how many people actually had COVID.
My physicians are sure that I had it in March. I didn’t qualify for one of the 250 tests available in NC because I hadn’t been to China. Never mind that I had been at a hotel where international flight crews were being housed, and a bluegrass festival was being held where people had hacking dry coughs, and perhaps most importantly - I’m at high risk.
We need access to testing in a smart and common sense way. Not just because somebody wants one. Rather, those who have been exposed or are showing symptoms.
It’s also clear now that folks can get it more than once. Speaking from experience this may be relapse rather than reinfection. It doesn’t really matter - therapeutics just aren’t in place. We don’t know how to treat the virus. We have some clues, but nothing definitive.
So - that means that I and people like me must self-isolate and use extreme precautions when going out on a limited basis. It means that unless the citizens of this country come together and wear masks, stay at a 6-8’ distance from others, follow the executive orders on limitations of gatherings, hyper-cleanliness, and in general understand the seriousness of our situation then we are sentenced to pay a very high price.
We have seen violence beyond our imagination in this nation. I remember as a teenager seeing reports of civil terrorists killing innocent people in other countries and being thankful that it wasn’t happening here. It is happening here. I haven’t done the research but it does seem that violence has had a quantum leap in the past few years.
Our kids have to be taught remotely for much of the country. Parents have had to step up in a way they never could have imagined. Education on all levels will be stalled. There just isn’t any way from an Educator’s point of view that remote learning crafted within just weeks before the beginning of school can possibly compete with the same material that was being taught a year ago in person.
I don’t want government to be in our personal business anymore than they already are. However it is abundantly clear to those who will open their hearts and minds that this administration isn’t working. There are over 20,000 verifiable lies said publicly and it continues every day it seems like.
The dissenters want to believe that it’s all a hoax. I even have family that believe that it’s all untrue and actually believe that the Clinton’s and the Democratic party created this plague. Their reasoning is that it’s all meant to defeat Trump. The entire world has been effected. How does this point to a conspiracy?
This is a virus that was being studied in Wuhan University. Reports are that patient zero got it from eating a bat. Yet authorities steadfastly preach that it can’t be spread through food.
This election is the most important one of my generation. I suspect that the results will be challenged regardless. It’s my hope that the winner does so with huge margins so that we, as citizens, can get on with living.
No comments:
Post a Comment